[DRBD-user] Upgrading drbd0.7 to drbd8

Philipp Kolmann kolmann at zid.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Feb 18 20:30:59 CET 2009

Hi,

I have upgraded my Debian cluster to lenny this week and now I wanted to
upgrade to drbd8 as well.

I have followed the instructions found here:
http://blogs.linbit.com/florian/2007/10/03/step-by-step-upgrade-from-drbd-07-to-drbd-8/

There it reads:
At this point, |drbdadm| will detect that DRBD 0.7 metadata.

I had the following output:

scs2:/etc# drbdadm create-md storage
md_offset 121997225984
al_offset 121997193216
bm_offset 121993469952

Found ext3 filesystem which uses 119006848 kB
current configuration leaves usable 119134248 kB

 ==> This might destroy existing data! <==

Do you want to proceed?
[need to type 'yes' to confirm] no

Operation cancelled.

Is this now the drbd0.7 metadata detected? I didn't want to risk any
data so I cancelled here.

Thanks
Philipp