[DRBD-user] LVM on drbd confused?

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 17 10:25:26 CET 2009

Florian Haas wrote:
> Hari,
>
> On 2009-02-16 16:52, Hari Sekhon wrote:
>
>> So I refined the filter to explicitly allow sda as well and then
>> disallow everything else, followed by a rescan and this works perfectly now.
>>

> Erm, no it doesn't. You are now bypassing DRBD in all of your LVM
> modifications, breaking DRBD synchronicity in the process. I highly
> doubt that was your intention.
>
> Please review http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-lvm-drbd-as-pv.html.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Cheers,
> Florian

Florian,

   You must have misunderstood what I am doing, apologies for not being
clear enough.

My Drbd device is on /dev/sdb, but I have lvm pvs on /dev/sda and
/dev/drbd0, so my filter allows /dev/drbd, /dev/sda and disallows all else.

This protects the block device /dev/sdb that is underlying drbd but
still allows me to see and use my regular lvm vgs/lvs on /dev/sda as
well, so it works perfectly for my situation.

Thanks

-h

--
Hari Sekhon
Always open to interesting opportunities