[DRBD-user] LVM on drbd confused?

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 16 16:52:32 CET 2009

Rustedt, Florian wrote:
> [...]
I actually did the exact line above other day after posting and it
sorted it out, but it also means that my pvs/vgs/lvs on other disks are
no longer visible... so it worked but not perfectly.

Having done lots of testing the other day though, having this set at the
time of pv/vg creation sorts out most of the issues in that new lvs tend
to go to the right place afterwards and even after removing the filter
the vg is still associated with the right block device when queried.

It also seemed that accepting all block devices and then omitting some
does not work, once something is allowed, it is allowed, so you cannot
allow all of sd* and then block sdb.

So I refined the filter to explicitly allow sda as well and then
disallow everything else, followed by a rescan and this works perfectly now.

Thanks

-h

--
Hari Sekhon
Always open to interesting opportunities