[DRBD-user] moving a drbd/xen/heartbeat to another cluster

Heiko rupertt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 13:19:26 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Heiko <rupertt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we have one XEN VM that is running on a lvm device, replicated with
> drbd between 2 machines and we
> now need to move this setup to another pair of machines, What is the
> best way to do this?
> The new setup will have the same paramteter than the old one, 10GB LVM device.

I missed to give some infos,
all the hosts run on Centos 5.2, drbd ist 8.0.13-1, xen is 3.1.
Would this transfer work with  an simple dd of the drbd device?
Is there a way to get nearly zero downtime by adding one of the new
server to the existing cluster,
than remove both old ones and add the second new server?
Has this be done before and how would look the complete procedure?

greetings

.h