[DRBD-user] Can DRBD 8 synchronise SDA1?

Bluntknife paul_rawlinson at msn.com
Sat Feb 7 14:54:47 CET 2009

Hi,
I am new to DRBD.  I have searched for 36 hours for an answer to my question
but cannot find an answer.

I currently have 2 Ubuntu 8.10 servers and have successfully installed and
configured DRBD and a drbd.conf file...I think.  The service runs and when I
type the cmd "drbdadm up r0" I see a connection between the 2 servers
stating that the DRBD connection is established.
The problem is the connection drops almost straight away and I think it's
because I am trying to synchronise my SDA1 partition.

I want my secondary server to be an exact clone of the primary and I thought
I could use DRBD for this.

Should it be possible to synchronise my primary partition (the boot and
system files)?

Many thanks in advance.