[DRBD-user] Little help (right replacing procedure) with failed hard disk on DRBD 0.7.25

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Feb 5 12:45:29 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 07:10:53PM +0800, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 7:02 PM, Lars Ellenberg
> <lars.ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:
> >> 3) So the node 1 state become :
> >>    cs:DiskLessClient st:Primary/Secondary ld:Inconsistent
> >>    And on node 2 the state become :
> >>    cs:ServerForDLess st:Secondary/Primary ld:Consistent
>
> Is there any backup/procedure to make him safe if accident happens?
> Like, wrong sync direction?
> That would be very2.....***** , right?

a node in Primary role will always _refuse_ to become SyncTarget.

a newly initialized node (he was taking about "internal meta data",
and replacing his array, so I guess it is pretty much initialized from
scratch) will never become SyncSource (it knows it has bad data).
it also requires a full sync anyways.

so I don't see an issue here.

but of course you can start DRBD by hand in "single step mode",
on the replaced node:

drbdadm attach all
drbdadm syncer all

cat /proc/drbd

should be Secondary, Inconsistent.
if not, "drbdadm invalidate" it now.

then, drbdadm connect all

but, as reasoned above:
I don't see any issue there,
if he follows the suggested recovery procedure.

--
: Lars Ellenberg