[DRBD-user] /dev/drbd0: Failure: (132) The sync-after minor number is invalid

Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] r.bhatia at ipax.at
Thu Feb 5 11:29:49 CET 2009

hello lars,

Lars Ellenberg wrote:
>> if i only do a "drbd up www" after reboot, i get:
>>> # drbdadm up www
>>> /dev/drbd0: Failure: (132) The sync-after minor number is invalid
>>> Command 'drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 syncer --set-defaults --create-device
--rate=50M --after=1 --al-extents=257' terminated with exit code 10

> you tell it to sync after drbd1 (--after=1,
> syncer { after "mysql" } in your drbd.conf file).
> only that does not (yet) exist.
> so, it is "invalid" - at that point in time.

ok, this "makes sense". so i guess that this is a non fatal error,
right? what i wanted to achieve is: "in case of resync, resync the
smallest device first. then proceed with the next biggest one".

is this possible?

besides that (if this is a non-fatal error), as far as i understand the
source, print_config_error() will return rc 10 for any valid error
(means: "err_no > RetCodeBase").

should we not distinguish fatal and non-fatal errors here?

and last but not least, what about using defines for the error codes and
describing them in the user-guide. it makes searching and understanding
so much easier :)

thanks for your time and work!
raoul
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          r.bhatia at ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OEG         web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            office at ipax.at
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15