[DRBD-user] block drbd0: bio would need to, but cannot, be split error on physical device

Vadym Chepkov chepkov at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 17 21:46:30 CET 2009

Thanks for the advice. It seems CONFIG_PPC_4K_PAGES is obsolete, because make oldconfig was removing it. What I did instead I set CONFIG_PPC_64K_PAGES=n and recompiled the kernel. I had to disable one patch and use --without kabichk option (for those who are in the same boat) to be able to create standard kernel RPM

Patch23256: linux-2.6-ppc64-subpage-protection-for-pave.patch

drbd now reports:

block drbd0: max_segment_size ( = BIO size ) = 32768

and I was able to create the file system.

Thanks again.

Sincerely yours,
  Vadym Chepkov