[DRBD-user] Interoperability of 8.0.16 and 8.3.6

Iustin Pop iustin at google.com
Thu Dec 17 16:05:28 CET 2009

Hi,

DRBD 8.0 says proto:86 and 8.3.6 says proto:86-91, so I would expect
these two to work nicely together. And this seems to be the case, except
when bringing them up in primary/primary mode.

The problems seems to be that after both devices are in primary/primary
and connected state, the 8.0.16 node wants to go back to WFBitMapS and
remains there, but the 8.3.6 node refuses it due to: "block drbd0:
unexpected cstate (Connected) in receive_bitmap". So 8.0.16 remains
stuck in WFBitmapS while 8.3.6 thinks it's in Connected.

Is this something that should work and is maybe a bug (drbd or our
configuration), or is it not something realistic to expect?

thanks in advance,
iustin