[DRBD-user] Breaking DRBD pair?

ltollefs lylet at sasktel.net
Sun Dec 13 18:02:24 CET 2009

Hello,

I have inherited a pair of production servers running Fedora Core 6 and DRBD
8.0.5. I have limited exposure to DRBD and HA so I want to tread carefully
here.

I need to retire the DRBD secondary server, breaking the pairing, while not
experiencing ANY down time on the primary. We do not anticipate replacing
the secondary server.

My question is, what configs on the primary need to be altered so the the
primary will run as any server would, but just happens to be running drbd.
Can this be done?

Thanks!