[DRBD-user] performance issues with DRBD :(

Jakov Sosic jakov.sosic at srce.hr
Thu Dec 10 23:05:43 CET 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 19:11 +0100, Lars Ellenberg wrote:

> exactly same hardware?

yes

> exactly same kernel and stuff?

CentOS 5.4, I really look after details, and 'rpm -qa | sort' give me
exactly the same output on both nodes, config files are also same,
everything is OK.

I tried reversing roles, and when secondary becomes primary, then the IO
load reverses too.

I found on the internet that 3ware controllers have issues on Linux, and
I have 3ware controller... So maybe that is the part of problem...

> io scheduler? -> use deadline.

I'm using it... I know about kernel threads problem with CFQ.

> otherwise: we sell "DRBD Healthchecks" ;)

I'm just a contractor too, but I think that the owners will buy FC
storage and get on without cheap JBODs...

--
|    Jakov Sosic    |    ICQ: 28410271    |   PGP: 0x965CAE2D   |