[DRBD-user] SLES 11 showstoppers in the drbd-8.3.6.tar.gz source distribution

Mark Watts m.watts at eris.qinetiq.com
Thu Dec 10 17:35:22 CET 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 08:18 -0800, Joe Bill wrote:
> Can also modify the following in 'drbd.spec.in', otherwise yast appears to look for packages by the name of chkconfig, instead of a single file...
>
> In 'drbd.spec.in', replace ...
>
> Requires(post): chkconfig
> Requires(preun): chkconfig
>
> with ...
>
> Requires(post): /sbin/chkconfig
> Requires(preun): /sbin/chkconfig
>
> and ...
>
> 'chkconfig --add drbd'
>
> with
>
> '/sbin/chkconfig --add drbd'

On Fedora/RHEL/CentOS etc there really is an RPM called "chkconfig", and
if you "Requires: <package>", dependency resolution will pull in the
correct package for you.

SuSE seem to call the package "aaa_base" which makes no sense at all to
me.

Does SuSE (or the others) pull in the correct package if you require
specific files instead of package names?

Mark.

--
Mark Watts BSc RHCE MBCS
Senior Systems Engineer, Managed Services Manpower