[DRBD-user] block drbd0: bio would need to, but cannot, be split error on physical device

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Dec 10 16:21:30 CET 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 05:34:13AM -0800, Vadym Chepkov wrote:
> > > Ok.
> > > We apparently have a problem with 64K page size.
> > > We could do a "hot fix", to get you going,
> > > but that may work only "accidentally" ;)
> > >

> I would like to clarify the suggestion. If you were referring to hot
> fix at http://www.drbd.org/download/hotfix/, I tried it right away. I
> put

No, I was refering to We as in DRBD Developers,
and could do as in "are able to code".
But I'd rather code a real fix than something that may appear to work
most of the time, and then possibly break in strange ways sometime later
when used in different ways.

We won't forget this issue, of course, but for now, sorry, recent DRBD
does not work properly on ppc64 with 64k page size.

> By the way, the web page links "bio" issue with a post that doesn't
> seem to be related to the problem on hands.

Probably the mailman list indexes have changed.  They do that sometimes
in reaction to admin interaction or on updates  ;)
The post in question should be "near", though.

As that hotfix is no longer hot since ages,
we probably should remove any references to it.

--
: Lars Ellenberg