[DRBD-user] debian bug #547566: drbd8-utils: Incorrect dependencies in init.d

PieterB PieterB at gewis.nl
Sat Dec 5 14:29:53 CET 2009

and improvements for download packages page
scripts
Hello,

I was about to install a new drbd instance, and was browsing through the
various distribution bug pages, to see which version they distribute and if
there are known issues with the drbd8 package in the various distributions.

I noticed the following drbd8 bug in the debian package, which is tagged
"Serious (policy violations or makes package unfit for release)". See

The fix is really trivial and as far as I can see the fix has not been
committed to the drbd-8.3 git tree. I don't know if this has been
communicated to the drbd8-devs already as suggested in the Debian issue.

I think I'll choose Debian as base distribution for my drbd8. Is there a
recommended Linux distribution for drbd?

I noticed the
http://www.drbd.org/download/packages/ page is quite outdated. Can somebody
who maintains the website update it with my version here below:

8<--------------------

<h3>Debian</h3>
(&quot;etch&quot;) are available from the Debian Backports package
repository. Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 uses DRBD 8.0 in the &quot;<a
href="http://packages.debian.org/lenny/drbd8-source">lenny</a>&quot;
repository and DRBD 8.3 in
&quot;<a href="http://packages.debian.org/lenny-backports/drbd8-source">lenny-backports</a>&quot;.
system page</a>.

<h3>Ubuntu</h3>
included. Ubuntu 9.10 (&quot;karmic koala&quot;) has drbd-8.3.3-0ubuntu1
included. See <a href="https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/drbd8">Ubuntu
launchpad drbd8</a> for current versions.