[DRBD-user] DRBD on LVM-> Disk Upgrade

Robert Dunkley Robert at saq.co.uk
Wed Aug 19 15:49:12 CEST 2009

I need to upgrade some hot swap disks on DRBD setup (Need higher
capacity). The disks run LVM with a DRBD entry for each logical volume
(One Volume Group per disk, multiple Logical Volumes).

I was thinking I could make sure once system has all the volumes on one
disk in secondary, detach DRBD and remove the Disks. Put in new disks,
create a new logical volume group recreate logical volumes of the same
size and let DRBD synch back to the new disks.

Has anyone done this before? Do I need to worry about small potential
size differences in the new LVM volumes? (I usually specify size in LVM
eg. 50G) Any other possible stumbling points?

Thanks,

Rob