[DRBD-user] drbd problem with sysstat

Nasir Ahmed nahmed at ebates.com
Wed Aug 12 19:50:44 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am using drbd with lifekeeper and postgres for database.  My system
runs fine. But recently the whole system froze when I installed

sysstat-7.0.2-3.el5. There were high cpu load and whole system was
unresponsive and it was not failing over to the standby. I had to power
recycle primary to fail over to standby. I could not sync when sysstat
package was installed on both system. Everything came back to normal
when I uninstalled sysstat-7.0.2-3.el5 on both system.

Does anybody knows DRBD has any issue with sysstat-7.0.2-3.el5 packages?

Here is my spec:

Primary system: dell 2950 and storage md1000

Standby system: dell 2950 and storage md1000

Drbd is syncing using gigabit switch.

OS redhat linux 5.2

DRBD 8.2.5

Lifekeeper  6.2.01