[DRBD-user] Full resync vs real-time sync

Tom Brown wc-linbit.com at vmail.baremetal.com
Thu Apr 30 23:18:30 CEST 2009

I'd expect that if he's seeing sync's running faster than application
level writes, then there is an issue with write-barriers. DRBD is taking
steps to provide write-ordering protection, which aren't relevent to
bulk/block copying of re-syncing.

e.g. http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/re-drbdconf.html
      no-disk-barrier  ,  no-disk-flushes  ,  no-disk-drain

but I'm no expert either.

-Tom