[DRBD-user] DRBD local sync ?

Kristinn Soffanias Runarsson soffanias at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 04:58:09 CEST 2009

Is it at all possible to do a local sync (only one machine) with DRBD?

for example /dev/sda1 --> /dev/sdb1

I am migrating many many Linux boxes between SAN arrays and I really like
the "in the middle" positioning of the DRBD driver in the layer.  So I don't
have to re-init my filesystem like I would have to do with LVM (pvcreate) or
Linux Software Raid (mdadm --create)

I've tried running DRBD locally (with different ports on localhost) but to
no avail...

any suggestions ?

best regards,
soffi