[DRBD-user] Keeping node as primary on NW connection loss

Stephen Childs childss at cs.tcd.ie
Thu Apr 23 11:00:40 CEST 2009

I have Xen VMs running on LVM backed by DRBD. Periodically, I lose the
network connection and the following occurs:

  * Primary is demoted to secondary
  * LVM loses its volumes
  * Xen VMs lose backing store and die!

Is there any way to ensure that when the connection is lost, the primary
node stays as primary (or at least that LVM and Xen can remain active)?
I'm fine with having to do some manual fixup as long as the primary
remains primary.

I have read through man pages and user guide but can't seem to find
anything directly relevant.

I have attached the logs of the incident from both nodes along with the
output of "drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 show"

Stephen
--
Dr. Stephen Childs,
Research Fellow, EGEE Project,    phone:                    +353-1-8961797