[DRBD-user] Starting new DRBD, meta-data error

Mike Sweetser - Adhost mikesw at adhost.com
Tue Apr 21 19:31:05 CEST 2009

When starting a new DRBD setup, I'm getting the following when starting
up the service:

Starting DRBD resources: [ d(media) drbd1: No usable activity log found.
drbd1: meta data flush failed with status -95, disabling md-flushes
s(media) n(media) ].

When using drbdadm to set the first node as primary, I get:

> drbdadm -- --overwrite-data-of-peer primary media
drbd1: Forced to consider local data as UpToDate!

Here's my config - am I doing something wrong?  This same config's
working on identical servers with no problem.

resource media {
  protocol C;
  handlers {
    pri-on-incon-degr "echo 'DRBD: primary requested but inconsistent!'
| wall; /etc/init.d/heartbeat stop"; #"halt -f";
    pri-lost-after-sb "echo 'DRBD: primary requested but lost!' | wall;
/etc/init.d/heartbeat stop"; #"halt -f";
  }

  startup {
    degr-wfc-timeout 120;    # 2 minutes.
    wfc-timeout 120;    # 2 minutes.