[DRBD-user] drbd (8.0.14, 8.0.16) very slow with kernels 2.6.27 to 2.6.29 but ok with kernel 2.6.20

Antony MARTINEAU Antony.MARTINEAU at lippi.fr
Tue Apr 7 09:27:57 CEST 2009

Hello we have two clusters whith 2 nodes each
One whith SLES10SP2 ( kernel 2.6.16.60-0.34-xen + drbd 8.3.1)
One Whith SLES11 (kernel 2.6.27.19-5-xen + drbd 8.3.1).
No problem whith performance on both
Your test is not accurate, if you copy file, it is suppose there is a FS
on drbd devices...
Could you give the speed directly on block device and after on the drbd
device.

Have you test whith the latest version of drbd?

Cordialement,

Antony
MARTINEAU
Service informatique