[DRBD-user] drbd (8.0.14, 8.0.16) very slow with kernels 2.6.27 to 2.6.29 but ok with kernel 2.6.20

Lise Didillon ldidillon at prologue.fr
Mon Apr 6 17:03:03 CEST 2009

Hello,
with drbd-8.0.14 or 8.0.16 on the same machines:
My tests are "copy big files on the replicated device". This takes for a
file 8 seconds. instead of  0.2 seconds without drbd if kernel version
is 2.6.27 or 28 or 29.
but with  kernel 2.6.20 there is no performance problem:  it takes
sensibly the same time to copy this file if drbd is running or not.
I alway use the same drbd.conf for these tests.
have you some ideas about why drbd is so slow with kernels 2.6.27 to 2.6.29?
regards,
Lise Didillon

--
Lise DIDILLON