[DRBD-user] FATAL: Module drbd not found.

Jürgen Scholz juergen at kernkraft400.com
Tue Sep 30 11:53:57 CEST 2008

Hello.

> Starting DRBD resources:    Can not load the drbd module.
>
> Then I typed modprobe –v drbd and get the following Error Message:
> FATAL: Module drbd not found.
http://www.google.de/search?q=drbd+module+not+found&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&client=firefox-a
Try the first hit. You simply miss the drbd kernel module. It's not
included in the official kernel, so you have to insall the module
seperately.

Look for the right package at:
http://packages.opensuse-community.org/index.jsp?searchTerm=drbd&distro=openSUSE_103

I don't know which kernel you have installed. See uname -r to see
which version is installed.
If you have the -default kernel installed you probably want to try
drbd-kmp-default (8.0.6_2.6.22.18_0.2).

hth,
  juergen