[DRBD-user] Xen + DRBD problem

Wendell Dingus wendell at bisonline.com
Mon Sep 29 16:34:41 CEST 2008

Sigh.. That's what happens when I get in a hurry. I fully intended to start a new thread with no reference to any previous content or subject. I'm not exactly a newbie either, been doing this since my email address contained !'s and uunet instead of @'s and domains ;-)

Thanks though, it works now... I commented out the bootloader line and referenced the kernel/ramdisk/root lines directly. I cut/pasted what was in grub.conf on the domu first, which didn't work. Then I realized the initrd image probably needed to truly be the one from the domu so I copied it down to one of the dom0 machines as a new name and referenced that and then it would boot fine. Live migrated back and forth a few times with scrolling data and open ssh sessions to the domu with only an occasional short pause. Fantastic, thanks again...

#bootloader = "/usr/bin/pygrub"
kernel = '/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-92.1.13.el5xen'
ramdisk = '/boot/xen.initrd.img'
root = '/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 ro'