[DRBD-user] Writes are much too slow

Trent Lloyd lathiat at bur.st
Thu Sep 25 03:10:55 CEST 2008

Hi Artur,

On 25/09/2008, at 8:05 AM, eBoundHost: Artur wrote:
> I don't know if it's silly, seems to be the faster the better!  Once
> I have a better handle on this, we're going to be binding 3 or 4
> interfaces to remove a bottleneck.  Who knows, a rack full of hard
> drives may be just the thing for Dolphin.  I think this is very cool
> and necessary to take DRBD to the enterprise.
>
> To get back to what you're saying about the latency but take a look
> at this:
> http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2007-December/008128.html
>
> To my understanding we should be lagging by some percentage, but not
> by such a margin.

In the email you posted they went from 13M/s to 4M/s so theyre seeing
a large drop.. in fact by a larger factor than you were.

Clearly your I/O subsystem is slower (in spins.. spindles.. not in raw
throughput) than theirs because their raw speed is 13M vs 4M so thats
where the difference in their numbers is I guess.

I"m sure others may have some useful information on getting your
latency down, thats not my area of expertise.

Regards,
--
Trent Lloyd