[DRBD-user] Reloading ha.cf Without Downtime?

Mike Sweetser - Adhost mikesw at adhost.com
Wed Sep 24 01:12:55 CEST 2008

Due to the way our network is set up, I need to change IP addresses for
the internal DRBD communication and add a new server, and I'd love to do
so WITHOUT taking Heartbeat down or changing resources from one to the
other.

We have the current setup:

node server01
node server02
ucast eth5 172.16.1.1
ucast eth5 172.16.1.2

I'd like to change it to this:

node server01
node server02
node server03
ucast eth4 172.16.4.101
ucast eth4 172.16.4.102
ucast eth4 172.16.4.103

The question is, does /etc/init.d/heartbeat reload do anything regarding
resources, or does it keep everything steady while it reloads the
configuration?  I want to do this without having to migrate resources
between servers.

Thanks,
Mike Sweetser