[DRBD-user] Linux VServer + DRBD

Edward Capriolo edlinuxguru at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 21:53:39 CEST 2008

I have a Cent OS 5 x86_64, and have installed LinuxVServer kernel
2.6.22.19-vs2.3.0.34.1, I am looking to install DRBD on a two node
setup. I have followed the install guide for building DRBD as a kernel
module as well as the userland tools.
Everything works fine up until the point I try 'The initial device
synchronization'

drbdadm -c /opt/jtg/conf/www2/drbd/www2-drbd.conf --
--overwrite-data-of-peer primary www2

At which point the primary device loses contact with the secondary device

drbd0: 416 MB (106483 bits) marked out-of-sync by on disk bit-map.
Writing meta data super block now.
conn( Connected -> WFBitMapT )
conn( WFBitMapT -> WFSyncUUID )
helper command: /sbin/drbdadm before-resync-target
before-resync-target handler returned 10, dropping connection.
peer( Primary -> Unknown ) conn( WFSyncUUID -> Disconnecting ) pdsk(
UpToDate -> DUnknown )
asender terminated

One node looks like:
0: cs:WFConnection st:Primary/Unknown ds:UpToDate/Inconsistent C r-
 cs:StandAlone st:Secondary/Unknown ds:Inconsistent/DUnknown

global {
        usage-count no;
}
common {
        protocol C;
}
resource www2 {
        startup {
                wfc-timeout 0;
                degr-wfc-timeout     120;
        }
        net {
                after-sb-0pri discard-least-changes;
                after-sb-1pri discard-secondary ;
                after-sb-2pri violently-as0p ;
                rr-conflict disconnect;

        }
        on jtg111.XXXX.com {
                device /dev/drbd0;
                disk /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-www2;
                address YYYYY:7001;
                meta-disk internal;
        }
        on jtg113.XXXX.com {
                device /dev/drbd0;
                disk /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-www2;
                address YYYYY:7001;
                meta-disk  internal;
        }
}
Someone else had this error, but their problem was due to host names.
I have the host names correct. Does anyone have an idea of what is up?

Thanks