[DRBD-user] drbd on lvm or lvm on drbd

Richard Pijnenburg richard at softwaredev.nl
Sun Sep 7 15:57:03 CEST 2008

Dear List,

My current setup is:

DRBD volumes on LVM partitions.
Export is done trough iscsi.

I have it all working virtualy but i'm currently against the folowing
problem.
I want to have a lvm partition for each storage export but with the
current setup ( drbd on lvm partitions ) i'm unsure how to resize the
lvm partition.
So i'm thinking that lvm on drbd is more easyer to handle / setup /
manage.

So my questions at this point are:

- Which setup is better to manage?
- Is there, if any, preformance difference of both setup's?
Thank you all for the input.

With kindest regards,

Richard Pijnenburg