[DRBD-user] Verify causing kernel panic.

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Oct 23 15:41:39 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 07:59:37AM +0100, Ben Clewett wrote:

> Hi Lars,
>
> I have 8.2.6 deployed on quite a few customer facing databases, which I
> installed two days ago.
>
> I am quite worried about the kernel panic.  I know that a 'verify' can
> cause this.  Can you please tell me any other actions I should avoid
> until 8.2.7?

this too small allocation is the one bug with the biggest impact.

most other fixes and enhancements on the way to 8.2.7 deal with corner
cases in race conditions which can be triggered in a tight loop of
drbdadm commands (disconnect/connect, detach/attach...)

and corner cases in multiple error scenario recovery (like first
losing the disk, still being primary, doing busy IO and then losing the
network as well: no data anymore, so even if drbd now handles some
corner cases ungracefully because of a bug, it could not have delivered
any data without either disk nor link anyways...).

--
: Lars Ellenberg