[DRBD-user] Diagnosing DRBD Slowness

Robinson, Eric eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Tue Oct 21 22:44:46 CEST 2008

Ben Clewett said:

> # drbdadm adjust

This is fantastic. It took 3 days to sync 12.5%, but now in the past 10
minutes since the change, it has jumped to 27%. I'm happy as can be.

Thanks are definitely in order.

I'm still puzzled about the output of the dd command, though...

[root at ha03 download]# dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=100 | nc 2.1.1.1 10000
10+0 records in
9+0 records out
9437184 bytes (9.4 MB) copied, 27.7838 seconds, 340 kB/s

The numbers look pretty much the same whether I connect from nc to nc on
different hosts or the same host.

--Eric

Disclaimer - October 21, 2008
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for drbd-user at lists.linbit.com. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of . Warning: Although  has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.