[DRBD-user] Consistent device to primary fences remote node

Federico Simoncelli federico.simoncelli at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 18:31:53 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 5:40 PM, Lars Ellenberg
<lars.ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:
>> I suppose that the problem is my outdate-peer which just fences the
>> node without actually outdate it.
>> Even if this is the reason I think that a "Consistent" device should
>> not be allowed to become primary (fencing the remote node) without any
>> confirmation.
>
> the "confirmation" is supposed to come from the outdate-peer handler.
> a current Primary will refuse to be Outdated,
> the outdate would fail,
> denying the promotion of the merely Consistent one.

So basically the problem is that my outdate-peer doesn't try to
outdate the remote peer but it just fences it.
To fix this behaviour I could modify the outdate-peer handler to check
the DRBD_RESOURCE dstate and return the exit code 6 if local resource
is not "UpToDate".

What do you think? Comments are welcome.

Thanks,
--
Federico.