[DRBD-user] Two network cards

Matthias Weigel matthias.weigel at maweos.de
Thu Nov 20 17:25:27 CET 2008

Hello,

you can do this today, but it is a bit complicated.
Configure DRBD to use loopback aliases (e.g. interface lo:2). Configure
a different IP network on both nodes.
Then use multipath routing to route via both links between the nodes.
This can be done with multiple static routes. But be careful: Make sure
that your routes go out of the kernels routing tables, if the interface
links go down. If the kernel does not remove static routes when the
interfaces links go down (or you have more than just a crossover cable
between your nodes), you need a routing protocol (e.g. OSPF, available
via quagga software).

Best Regards

Matthias