[DRBD-user] No response from the DRBD driver! Is the module loaded?

Allen Chen allen.chen at csagroupllc.com
Fri Nov 14 22:44:43 CET 2008

Thanks, I found that when I updated red hat it created a new module
directory, and did not move the drbd.ko file over. I did a

#
cp /lib/modules/2.6.18-92.el5xen/kernel/drivers/block/drbd.ko /lib/modules/2.6.18-92.1.18.el5xen/kernel/drivers/block
# insmod /path-to-drbd-module/drbd.ko

...and that solved the problem. I hope this doesn't happen every time I
update my system though.