[DRBD-user] Log Message: drbd0: local disk flush failed with status -95

Scott McCarty smccarty at eyemg.com
Thu Nov 13 15:51:31 CET 2008

All,

I am receiving a log that is slightly different than what I am finding in the
mailing list archives.  I am getting error number -95.  I think it is similar
to -5, but I would like to verify that it is nothing to worry about.
Everything seems to be functioning fine, the message just worried me a bit.

I have read the following and believe it may be related:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/drbd/users/13958

The test rig I have this setup on, is two RHEL5 systems in virtual machines
using VMware Server 1.X.  One other note, Redhat Enterprise 5 cannot use scsi
disks in VMware Server 1.X, so I have ide discs configured.  Could it be that
the IDE disks cannot flush correctly or return the wrong status? I am using
the following versions of everything.

drbd: 8.2.6
kernel:  2.6.18-8.el5
VMware-server: 1.0.4-56528