[DRBD-user] Setting Up On A Single Node

Daniel Watkins daniel.watkins at credativ.co.uk
Thu Nov 13 11:12:47 CET 2008

Hello all,

We are currently setting up a redundant system using DRBD.  Currently,
there is a single production system with no failover, and we have a
single secondary system to set up to be the failover.

What we would like to do is to configure the secondary server
completely, switch over from the primary to the secondary server (still
without redundancy), configure the primary server, sync the secondary
server to the primary server via DRBD and switch back.

So, we're currently at the stage where we want to be able to create a
filesystem on the /dev/drbd1 device on the secondary server without
touching the primary server.  Unfortunately, the resource is in an
Inconsistent state, so cannot be made primary to allow us to do this.

Is it possible to use just a single DRBD node for the time being and, if
so, how should I go about doing it?

Thanks,

Dan
--
credativ ltd         UK office:  +44 1788 298150
PO Box 3868          Direct ext: +44 1788 298152
Rugby                Email:      daniel.watkins at credativ.co.uk
CV21 3WW             Web:        http://www.credativ.co.uk/

credativ limited is registered in England & Wales, company no. 5261743
registered office: Suite 2 Bloxam Court, Corporation Street, Rugby CV21
2DU