[DRBD-user] Lower device is already claimed. This usually means it is mounted.

Paul J. Smith pjsmith at mtgsy.net
Fri May 30 10:59:20 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've got the problem on a box I'm building.  I've seen this problem mentioned quite a few times before, but none of the solutions seems to work for me.

I do have data1-test which is one of my LVM logical volumes present in /dev/mapper.  I suspect, reading from other posts that this is preventing DRBR from accessing that partition.  In other threads I've seen that kpartx -d /dev/mapper/data1-test should fix this, but for me it does not and that mapping stays there.

I'm running Ubuntu 8.04.

Can anyone tell me if this is likely the cause, and how to remove the mapping?

Thanks.