[DRBD-user] Hardware RAID-5

Armando Ortiz abortizjr at gmail.com
Thu May 29 02:33:39 CEST 2008

I'm putting together two 4TB fileservers and my question is this:  If
one drive on the array fails on either the primary or secondary, do I
have to do anything special with DRBD to replace the failing drive in
the array on any of the fileservers before I fail it out in the software
that performs maintenance on the array?

If it's just as simple as failing the drive using the controller's own
software, replacing it and letting it rebuild 'hot' (not a hot spare)
then I'm good to go...otherwise what do I have to look forward to?

Thanks in advance!