[DRBD-user] EEntOS?

Sat May 24 01:32:09 CEST 2008

José E. Colón wrote:
> "Don't you think it is the developers of CentOS who should decide what
> goes in it"

ummm ... the ubuntu devels decide what is in their distro too.  Is it
going to be kde 3.5.9 or 4.0.3 ... someone has to make a choice, and
they do.

> "...if you want to pay me to maintain it..."
>
> Whoa! I don't know about others on the list, but this sounds a whole
> lot like Microsoft to me. Definitely not in accordance with a
> "COMMUNITY Enterprise Operating System," eh?

Ridiculous ... CentOS is free and provides several extra repositories.
However, what is being asked for is a custom version with extra support.
  There is only so many hours in a day to do things for free ... if you
want custom stuff, build it yourself or pay for it.

> I know it isn't trivial in a production environment, but if you'll
> have to spend all that time building stuff from source because The
> Community has turned into The Empire, then you might as well switch to
> Ubuntu Server and enjoy the vast repositories and superior package
> management. ;)

Yep .. now that they have a real SSH, you might be able to keep
everybody from getting in.