[DRBD-user] URGENT Request for DRBD Developers

Art Age Software artagesw at gmail.com
Fri May 23 22:32:22 CEST 2008

> Has anyone given a compelling argument against moving from 8.0 to 8.2? I
> didn't see one.

My argument is that I don't want to risk the stability of my
high-availability architecture on a version of DRBD (8.2) that is
being actively developed with new features, any of which could
conceivably bring new bugs and failure modes to the base
functionality. I want the 8.0.x stable branch, in which only bugs and
security issues are addressed. This is why the 8.0 branch exists.
Otherwise, Linbit would simply kill it and tell everyone to move to
8.2.