[DRBD-user] "local disk flush failed with status -5" on LVM

Stephane Jourdan sjourdan at reservit.com
Thu May 15 11:59:52 CEST 2008

Philipp Reisner wrote:
> [...]
>
>> ~# drbdsetup /dev/drbd1 show
>> disk {
>>         size                    0s _is_default; # bytes
>>         on-io-error             pass_on _is_default;
>>         fencing                 dont-care _is_default;
>> }
>>

> I expected it like this:
>
> disk {
>         size                    0s _is_default; # bytes
>         on-io-error             pass_on _is_default;
>         fencing                 dont-care _is_default;
>         no-disk-flushes ;
>         no-md-flushes   ;
> }
>
> Probably you added the two no-flushes options to the config, but forgot
> to make sure that the changes are also propagated to the running config.
>
> Simply do an down / up, or an adjust.
>
> -Phil

Okay I found the problem, stoopid me. By default, version 8.0.11
(shipped by Ubuntu) was still running and not v8.0.12. A quick depmod
later and 8.0.12 is up & running ... I should have checked before that
8.0.12 was actually running or not after compilation.

And now everything's ok, obviously.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers,
Stef