[DRBD-user] "local disk flush failed with status -5" on LVM

Stephane Jourdan sjourdan at reservit.com
Mon May 12 17:33:19 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm currently using DRBD over LVM and getting the same error message
than http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2008-May/009287.html

Upgrading the kernel to 2.6.25 is not an option for now (running
Ubuntu/2.6.24)
But even using the latest sources from git or v8.0.12 and using the 2
new options to disable flushes, I get the "disk flush" failures .

As per the last message posted on this topic, is this kernel bug fixed
by the workaround you provided ? Or is it, but not in the case of a
DRBD-over-LVM setup (and then, only upgrading the kernel would help) ?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Stef

--