[DRBD-user] "local disk flush failed with status -5" on LVM

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Wed May 7 09:58:40 CEST 2008

Am Sonntag, 4. Mai 2008 02:19:12 schrieb Wolfgang Denk:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run DRBD on top of a LV, and get flooded with above
> error messages. I know this has been discussed before, see threads
> starting at
> http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2008-February/008665.html
> and
> http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2008-February/008519.html
>
> When this was discussed in February, it sounded (at least to me) as is
> a fix was on the way, see
> http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2008-February/008692.html
>
> However, even top of tree from the git repo still shows the same
> behaviour.
>
> Am I missing something, or is this usage mode so exotic  that  nobody
> cares?

Hi Wolfgang,

That is actually a kernel bug, I think in 2.6.24. Was fixed later, do not
know by heart with which "sucker" release. I guess it is fixed in 2.6.25.

Starting with 8.0.12 we offer a workaround for this in DRBD (and 8.2.6
when I finally find the time to finish it):

  Add no-disk-flushes and no-md-flushes to your disk config.

-phil
: Vivenotgasse 48, 1120 Vienna, Austria        http://www.linbit.com :