[DRBD-user] Suggestion for DRBD User's Guide

Whit Blauvelt whit+drbd at transpect.com
Tue Mar 25 03:12:20 CET 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 09:27:16AM +0100, Florian Haas wrote:

> It is a *simple* example, and that is the intention. It is by no means an
> example that is expected to provide optimal performance. It is meant to
> illustrate a fairly minimal configuration required to get an example resource
> up and running.

All this is appreciated. But in my case the example resource was taking 2
days to do its example sync, just because there was the one additional
setting missing. That's going to scare others who are trying to learn if
drbd basically works away, I think. Maybe you could either specify that it
needs the sync rate set to not be very, very slow, or else specify that the
example resource must be very, very small for the example to be anything a
person should try to run.

Best,
Whit