[DRBD-user] DRBD + LVM2 Setup on RHEL5.1

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Fri Mar 21 08:43:34 CET 2008

> What device is /dev/drbd/r0? Most block devices in RHEL are going to be
> /dev/sd[a-d] (SCSI or SATA) or /dev/hd[a-d] (IDE).

Ouch, I hadn't realized that part of the user's guide was so easily
misunderstood.

resource r0 {
  on alice {
    device /dev/drbd0;
    disk   /dev/drbd/r0;
  }
  on bob {
    device /dev/drbd0;
    disk   /dev/drbd/r0;
  }
}

This means the backing devices are LVM logical volumes named "r0" in a Volume
Group named "drbd". It says so in the text above the config snippet, but
apparently that is easily overlooked.

I will change this to a generic foo/bar "naming convention" to avoid
confusion.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Cheers,
Florian

--
: Florian G. Haas
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH

When replying, there is no need to CC my personal address.
I monitor the list on a daily basis. Thank you.