[DRBD-user] DRBD + LVM2 Setup on RHEL5.1

Chris Raver chris at alphabay.com
Fri Mar 21 00:02:51 CET 2008

I'm having a difficult time setting up DRBD and LVM2 on Redhat Enterprise Linux 5.1.   I've installed DRBD82 and KMOD-DRBD82 via the CentOS 5.1 repo using yum and I've also compiled and installed the module from source using the correct kernel source, I get the same result either way.  I created my drbd.conf file below but starting the service fails and so does running pvcreate to create my physical volume.  I've been working on this for a couple days with no success. Can someone here point me in the right direction?

Starting drbd:

/etc/init.d/drbd start
Starting DRBD resources:    [ d(r0) Can not open device '/dev/drbd/r0': No such file or directory

[r0] cmd /sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 disk /dev/drbd/r0 /dev/drbd/r0 internal --set-defaults --create-device --on-io-error=detach  failed - continuing!

n(r0) ].
[root at qa1r2cls drbd-8.2.5]#

drbd.conf file:

resource r0 {
  protocol C;

  startup {
    degr-wfc-timeout 90;
  }

  disk {
    on-io-error   detach;
  }

  on qa1r2cls {
    device /dev/drbd0;
    disk /dev/drbd/r0;
    meta-disk internal;
    address 192.168.50.202:7789;
  }
  on qa1r3cls {
    device /dev/drbd0;
    disk /dev/drbd/r0;
    meta-disk internal;
    address 192.168.50.203:7789;
  }
}

pvcreate error:

[root at qa1r2cls drbd-8.2.5]# pvcreate -d -v -ff /dev/drbd0
    Wiping cache of LVM-capable devices
    Wiping internal VG cache
  Device /dev/drbd0 not found (or ignored by filtering).

lvm.conf filter:

filter = [ "r|.*|", "a|/dev/drbd[0-9]$|" ]

Thanks

[cid:image001.jpg at 01C88AAA.2ED9ACB0]
Chris Raver
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Alpha Bay Corporation
150 West Civic Center Drive
Suite 200
Sandy, UT 84070
801-838-7618
www.alphabay.com<http://www.alphabay.com>

Confidential: The information in this e-mail message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and as such is privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient of this message or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient(s), be hereby notified that you have received this message in error. Any review, dissemination, distribution, printing or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this message from your system(s).