[DRBD-user] drbd dopd - error in secondary (ds : uptodate instead of ds : outdated)

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Mar 19 17:23:43 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 01:43:41PM +0000, Swetha - wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Iam configuring dopd into my system
>
> DRBD-8.2.5
> Heartbeat-2.0.8
> Kernel-2.6.9_5
> RHEL 4
>
> I followed the steps given in florian's blog to enable dopd into my system, but

> ifconfig eth0 down (in primary)
>
> In Secondary
> The desired result is
>
> cs:WFConnection st:secondary/Unknown ds:outdated/DUnkown
>
> The result that i got was
>
> cs:WFConnection st:secondary/Unknown ds:UpToDate/DUnkown

you are sure that you did not accidentally
miss this part of the blog post:

  When just the replication link dies, Heartbeat as the cluster manager
  will still be able to “see” the peer node via an alternate communication
  path (which you hopefully have configured, see this post).

please give a definition of alternate (and its implications) in the context
  "alternate communication path"

just asking...

--
: Lars Ellenberg                           http://www.linbit.com :