[DRBD-user] drbd dopd - error in secondary (ds : uptodate instead of ds : outdated)

rois rois at cobiz.com
Wed Mar 19 16:22:51 CET 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 13:43 +0000, Swetha - wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Iam configuring dopd into my system
>
> DRBD-8.2.5
> Heartbeat-2.0.8
> Kernel-2.6.9_5
> RHEL 4
>
> I followed the steps given in florian's blog to enable dopd into my
> system, but i get warnings when i execute
>
> drbdadm adjust resource
>
> The warnings i got (in primary and secondary)
>
> [root at slave ~]# drbdadm adjust export
> WARN:
>   You are using the 'drbd-peer-outdater' as outdate-peer program.
>   If you use that mechanism the dopd heartbeat plugin program needs
>   to be able to call drbdsetup and drbdmeta with root privileges.
>
>   You need to fix this with these commands:
>   chgrp haclient /sbin/drbdsetup
>   chmod o-x /sbin/drbdsetup
>   chmod u+s /sbin/drbdsetup
>

> WARN:
>   You are using the 'drbd-peer-outdater' as outdate-peer program.
>   If you use that mechanism the dopd heartbeat plugin program needs
>   to be able to call drbdsetup and drbdmeta with root privileges.
>
>   You need to fix this with these commands:
>   chgrp haclient /sbin/drbdmeta
>   chmod o-x /sbin/drbdmeta
>   chmod u+s /sbin/drbdmeta

Make sure this is where your distro has these files.  Mandriva puts them
in /usr/sbin so I had to do symbolic links to /sbin for dopd to work.  I
had some posts a while back on this issue.  May or may not be your
problem but I tailed my logs and watch to trace what was going on.  Also
check ownership.