[DRBD-user] drbd dopd - error in secondary (ds : uptodate instead of ds : outdated)

Swetha - swetha_jay87 at yahoo.co.in
Wed Mar 19 14:43:41 CET 2008

Hi,

  Iam configuring dopd into my system

  DRBD-8.2.5
  Heartbeat-2.0.8
  Kernel-2.6.9_5
  RHEL 4

  I followed the steps given in florian's blog to enable dopd into my system, but i get warnings when i execute

  drbdadm adjust resource

  The warnings i got (in primary and secondary)

  [root at slave ~]# drbdadm adjust export
  WARN:
    You are using the 'drbd-peer-outdater' as outdate-peer program.
    If you use that mechanism the dopd heartbeat plugin program needs
    to be able to call drbdsetup and drbdmeta with root privileges.

    You need to fix this with these commands:
    chgrp haclient /sbin/drbdsetup
    chmod o-x /sbin/drbdsetup
    chmod u+s /sbin/drbdsetup

  WARN:
    You are using the 'drbd-peer-outdater' as outdate-peer program.
    If you use that mechanism the dopd heartbeat plugin program needs
    to be able to call drbdsetup and drbdmeta with root privileges.

    You need to fix this with these commands:
    chgrp haclient /sbin/drbdmeta
    chmod o-x /sbin/drbdmeta
    chmod u+s /sbin/drbdmeta

  I executed the steps mentioned in the warnings, even after this i dont seem to get the desired result. I did

  ifconfig eth0 down (in primary)

  In Secondary
  The desired result is

  cs:WFConnection st:secondary/Unknown ds:outdated/DUnkown

  The result that i got was

  cs:WFConnection st:secondary/Unknown ds:UpToDate/DUnkown

  In Primary

  cs:WFConnection st:primary/Unknown ds:UpToDate/Outdated

  I googled and also went through the FAQ's related to dopd, but didnt find anything that useful

  I cannot figure out what the problem is.

  I have explained all the errors i faced so that, it may help all the people who face errors in dopd like mine.

  Is there a way out of this problem?

  Regards
  Swetha