[DRBD-user] DRBD

Gilbert Cassar gilbert.cassar at um.edu.mt
Mon Mar 17 16:12:21 CET 2008

I am looking into different solutions for implementing redundant data
storage in a university with about 16k users / 600-800 concurrent
clients). We would like to try DRBD to mirror 2 different servers with
about 3TB effective storage split in volumes with a MASTER/SLAVE setup.
The volumes will be shared with iSCSI to Windows machines which* *will
serve the data to our domain users. Has anyone tried this type of setup
within their networks? We are mainly concerned about reliability and
performance given that our accesses are mostly a huge number of small
files.

Thanks In Advance
Gilbert