[DRBD-user] new dopd error

Swetha - swetha_jay87 at yahoo.co.in
Sun Mar 16 12:16:00 CET 2008

Hi,

  Iam trying to enable dopd into my system.

  Iam using

  heartbeat-2.0.8
  drbd-8.2.5
  RHEL 4
  Kernel-2.6.9_5 (Linux)

  I configured all the steps related to dopd that is present in drbd users-guide.

  After configuring dopd and bringing down the secondary's interface (ifconfig eth0 down) i get the following status in /proc/drbd

  [root at slave ~]# ifconfig eth0 down
  [root at slave ~]# cat /proc/drbd
  version: 8.2.5 (api:88/proto:86-88)
  GIT-hash: 9faf052fdae5ef0c61b4d03890e2d2eab550610c build by root at slave, 2008-03-15 09:28:29
   0: cs:WFConnection st:Secondary/Primary ds:UpToDate/DUnknown C r--
      ns:0 nr:0 dw:49 dr:200781 al:1 bm:16 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0
          resync: used:0/31 hits:12540 misses:14 starving:0 dirty:0 changed:14
          act_log: used:0/127 hits:0 misses:0 starving:0 dirty:0 changed:0

  I actually got some warnings when i executed the following 2 steps

  [root at slave ~]# service heartbeat reload
  Reloading High-Availability services:
  heartbeat[12744]: 2008/03/15_10:41:32 WARN: Logging daemon is disabled --enabling logging daemon is recommended
  heartbeat[12744]: 2008/03/15_10:41:32 info: Signalling heartbeat pid 12507 to reread config files                                                           [  OK  ]

    [root at slave ~]# drbdadm adjust export
  WARN:
    You are using the 'drbd-peer-outdater' as outdate-peer program.
    If you use that mechanism the dopd heartbeat plugin program needs
    to be able to call drbdsetup and drbdmeta with root privileges.

    You need to fix this with these commands:
    chgrp haclient /sbin/drbdsetup
    chmod o-x /sbin/drbdsetup
    chmod u+s /sbin/drbdsetup

  WARN:
    You are using the 'drbd-peer-outdater' as outdate-peer program.
    If you use that mechanism the dopd heartbeat plugin program needs
    to be able to call drbdsetup and drbdmeta with root privileges.

    You need to fix this with these commands:
    chgrp haclient /sbin/drbdmeta
    chmod o-x /sbin/drbdmeta
    chmod u+s /sbin/drbdmeta

  I executed the six steps that are underlined above and again executed

  drbdadm adjust export

  I found the master and slave synchronising  via /proc/drbd

  I cant figure out the problem. What is the problem?

  Regards
  Swetha